Support our Seniors Today through the Community Values Scholarship!
Your donation will help seniors with college expenses.
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
The Class of 2019 Needs Your Support
Support Capital City graduating seniors through the Community Values Scholarship. This scholarship helps students cover the costs of books, room and board, and tuition. We are a Title I school with 81% of our students qualifying for the free and reduced meals program. We serve a diverse student body that comes from every Ward in the District of Columbia. We aim to graduate young adults who are self-directed, intellectually engaged and possess a commitment to personal and civic responsibility.
A panel will select senior awardees based on their need and their short essay responses to how they embody Capital City's community values of Contribution, Compassion, Courage, Self-Discipline, and Integrity.
Awardees will be announced at the Senior Awards Ceremony in June 2019.
Who is the Class of 2019?
- They must complete a rigorous capstone project, called a senior expedition, in order to graduate
- 30% will be first generation high school graduates
- 70% will be first generation college students
- 14% of the graduates are declared undocumented students, meaning they are ineligible for federal aid
- 100% of our seniors have applied to college.
- They include a POSSE Scholar, Trachtenberg Scholar, Conway Scholar, DC School Board of Education Student Representative, budding scientists, activists, and much more!
PLEASE SHARE WITH FRIENDS & FAMILY! The more funds we can raise, the more seniors we can support.